There’s always a way — if you’re committed, Tony Robins
I have always asked myself and probably you too: what is the difference between people who achieve what they want, and those who don’t. Why are some people successful in their business or career and others are struggling? The answer is very simple: it is all about commitment!
There is a connection between your commitment and success. However, sometimes it is very challenging to commit to your dreams, your dream job or business. You will find many obstacles and difficulties on your way. Sometimes you will fail and sometimes you will succeed.
How can you stay committed to your dreams and achieve what you want?
Here are 5 ways which will help you to commit to your dreams.
1. How ready you are? On the scale from 1 to 10 (10 is the highest), how committed are you to your vision and your goals? And if your answer is below 10 what can you do to increase your commitment? If you want to succeed in your life, business or career you must be committed to your dreams. You must to wake up every morning and take actions, whether you are in a good mood or not, you have challenges to overcome and people that criticise you for your choices.
2. What are your goals?
Get clear on your goals. What is your vision for your career and business in 1, 3 years time? Sit down and map out your vision. How excited do you feel about your goals? If you are not excited enough to review your goals. Create a vision board with your goals and take a look at it every morning before you start your activities. It will make you feel more motivated and committed.
3. What are your priorities? Start every day asking yourself What is the one step which will take me closer to my goal today? It can be making a call to a potential client, reviewing your CV, enrolling on a new course or improving your sales skills… Focus on your priorities and take one step every day.
4. What about your accountability? Check your progress daily or weekly. What was your action plan for the day or week? What actions did you take? Celebrate your success and if something hasn’t been done ask yourself: What are the consequences of not taking this action? List down the consequences. It is very important to measure your progress and stay accountable. It will give you an overview of how far you are from your goal.
5. Get support. If you are struggling with staying accountable to your actions, you are not clear about your goals or your commitment is getting lower, get support. Find yourself an accountability partner, create a support group of international career changers or a business support group. Find yourself a coach, a mentor someone who can guide you and support you on your journey.
I am more than sure if you stay committed to your vision and your goals you will succeed. Of course, your goals can change over time and your actions can take you on a different path but commitment is a part of your success.
Did you like this post? If yes please leave your comment or share it with your friends. Need clarity? Get your FREE 3 day e – career coaching programme and clarify your career goals in 3 days. Start your career change today! Clarify your career goals and elaborate your action plan to achieve them. Click here!
- 7 Steps To Overcome Culture Shock While Living And Working Abroad - 4 August 2022
- 10 Most Asked Questions About My International Life and Coaching Business - 13 July 2022
- Books For Expats And Internationals - 6 April 2022